This course will deal with the current tax system at the Advanced level and the focus of the course will be on:
- Tax planning and Advice;
- Capital Gain Tax;
- Companies Tax; and
- Petroleum Profit Tax.
Course/Learning Objectives By the end of this study, students are expected to be able to:
- Distinguish between tax evasion and avoidance;
- Discuss Tax Planning activities and strategies;
- Discuss the concept, scope, and administration of Capital Gains Tax;
- Outline and explain the offenses and penalty;
- Distinguish between tax audit and investigation;
- Give a general overview of the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria, covering activities in the upstream, midstream, downstream, gas utilization and oil sector; and
- Explain the treatment of losses for petroleum companies
- Successful completion of the ICAN Foundation Courses.
- Successful completion of the ICAN Skill Courses
- A Recognized degree in Accounting from any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic.
- Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council.
- The student possesses the basic educational qualifications.