Accounting is dealt with here primarily as a skill that supports the compilation of reliable financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships, companies and not for profit entities. At this level, accounting includes knowledge of the essential framework of assumptions that underpin reliable reporting. The course covers extensive explanation and worked examples on:
Course/Learning Objectives The students on completing this course should be able to know how to:
- Record and Account for transactions and events relating to income, expenses, assets, liabilities and equity in accordance with generally accepted accounting practice
- Prepare a trial balance and state its purpose and uses
- Prepare a Bank Reconciliation statement
- Use an extended trial balance to support financial statement compilation
- Do Cost Elements
- Have a full knowledge of Accounting for depreciation
- Explain and work the basic Accounting for disposal
- Recognized degree of any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic.
- Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council.