The function and role of an Accountant in Management and their decision making is a very vital one. Business Information deals with the production of accurate and useful information to support management and decision-making including costing, management accounting and the application of quantitative methods in financial management. Business Information takes an integrated approach by developing an awareness of Information Technology and Systems Support.
This study will focus majorly on the following:
- Forecasting, Budgeting and Decision making
- Information Technology and Systems
Course/Learning Objectives Upon completion the student should be able to:
- Classify costs for different purposes including identifying fixed and variable, product and period, direct and indirect and costs by nature, function and purpose.
- Compile forecasts for Management Information purposes.
- Calculate and Explain the working capital and cash cycles of a Business
- Explain and Distinguish the nature of Data, Information and Knowledge
- Explain the Professionals accountants and career path in IT environment
- Successful completion of ICAN foundation level
- Any other qualification University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic
- Any other qualifications as approved by the council
- Students/Individuals must have basic educational qualification and such much be an educated persdon to be registered