Technology has made our lives much more convenient than we can imagine. It evolves every second of everyday with new innovations and advancement which has greatly impacted almost every part of our lives. With these innovations, here’s a list of what to expect in 2018.
- 5G Network: it is really important to stay connected always, not only because of our loved ones but also for business purposes. Most businesses, whether it requires you to stay in your home country or abroad you must stay connected somehow. With flows of overflowing information everywhere on the internet, access of data will force developers to move towards the 5G network. The 5G network, will bring rapid growth to communication industry and help to develop usage of IOT (Internet of Things) with faster download speed and ability run more internet apps.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): this is the ability of machines to perform human functions without any given instructions on how to carry them out. It won’t be long before this type of learning, becomes ‘new normal’. Some computers activities are already designed with artificial intelligence in terms of speech recognition, image recognition, another example is the new Facebook feature that recognizes many of our friend’s faces in posted photos and we are prompted to tag them with their names. This tech would be one of the biggest tech trend in 2018.
- Block Chain: this is the technology behind Bitcoin and other crptocurrencies with breakthroughs in a number of industries especially in financial services. It allows any digital information to be distributed but not copied. With successes in some financial industries, this new technology may fully gain ground in the financial industry and adopted by other industries in 2018.
- Augmented Reality (AR): we expect to see more of this in the coming year. The new update of Apple’s mobile operating system now has augmented reality apps. Some of these apps can display measuring tools like measuring tape that you can use to measure the width and length of your kitchen cabinet for example on your phone’s screen. AR is sure to spark in 2018 and I expect to see more of AR apps in the coming year with google’s release of ARCore for developers.
- Smart Home Technology: Goals of residing in smart homes have been met to some extent in 2017 with the advancement of Internet of Things (IOT), Smart home devices like the August Smart Lock, have dominated the market. However, 2018 technological trends would step up towards satisfying our dreams.
Written by Busayo Tomoh